The Pupil Premium Grant is funding in addition to the school's budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils. The funding was introduced in April 2011 and can be used to support children who have been eligible for free school meals in the last six years (Ever 6), as well as those children who have been Looked After for longer than six months and service personnel.
The Pupil Premium is used in a variety of ways.
- To ensure there are robust systems for Child Protection and safeguarding in order to support and protect our most vulnerable children particularly those who are in receipt of the funding.
- Enhance the learning experiences and opportunities across the school in order to overcome gaps in learning and ensure better than expected progress.
- Enhance expertise within school in order to meet the global needs of all children and overcome barriers to learning
- Enhance parental engagement in the life of the school, targeting vulnerable and Pupil Premium families.
- Continue to develop links with appropriate outside agencies in order to meet the needs of children and families.
- Enhance and develop the pastoral provisions in place in school in order to provide additional nurturing support for vulnerable children as well as those in receipt of the funding.
- Widen pupils’ experiences both in and outside of school in order to develop and nurture talents and life experience.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.