We love music at Holme Slack and enjoy lots of different musical activities together. We cover music in our timetable but offer extra opportunities throughout the year:
- Sign and Sing - We learn to sign and sing a range of different songs. We sing these in whole school assemblies.
- Ukulele Clubs - We have one breakfast club and one lunchtime club. We get to perform our songs that we've learned.
- Choir Club - This lunch club takes place every week. We visit a local care home at Christmas every year.
- Enrichment - This takes part on a carousel. Classes create their own songs, explore a range of instruments, broadening their experience of music.
- Celebration Assembly - Students perform regularly at the assembly. We've had soloists, groups and the choir sharing their musical achievements.
- Productions- Each Key Stage performs in an annual production. Key Stage 1/EYFS perform a Christmas play. Key Stage 2 perform at Easter and in the summer term.